Monday, November 12, 2007

A hat with a story...


Big Boy.... here's a hat you'll have for years. How do I know? Because it's been in the family for generations. My family... because even though I'm a Miller now, I was a Miller before I got married. I prayed a little prayer in high school that I would marry a man whose last name was Miller - so I didn't have to change my name (I thought my name would be a good stage name - easy to remember, has a nice ring to it...). And Miller is one of the most plentiful last names in the US. I love the little reminders that God answers prayers....

So this hat - it was your Poppy's hat in the 70's. Then your UncaDo and I wore it (and one other one almost just like it) through the 80's.... in the 90's we laughed about it - and then, when I left home, your UncaDo inherited it. We had a lot of other Miller Beer paraphernalia (it was hard not to have it when your Poppy's standard response over the phone when giving his name was "Miller - just like the beer!") - but this is the only one that I think survived. Unless there are more stored away in Gam and Poppy's attic. We'll see....

I'm glad you like it - it has a lot of history. You just won't be able to wear it out in public - ever, I think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That picture made me snort so hard!! I love it!